Alloy Bolt Type Shackles G2140.
G-2140 meets the performance requirements of Federal Specification RR-C-271G, Type IVA, Grade B, Class 3, except for those provisions required of the contractor.
- Quenched and Tempered.
- Alloy bows, Alloy bolts.
- Forged Alloy Steel 2 thru 300 metric tons. Cast Alloy Steel 250 thru 400 metric tons. Meets performance requirements of Grade 8 shackles.
- Working Load Limit is permanently shown on every shackle.
- 55 & 85 metric ton shackle bows are available galvanized or self colored with pins that are galvanized and painted red.
- 120 & 150 metric ton shackle bows are hot-dip galvanized; bolts are Dimetcoted® and painted red.
- Sizes 1-1/2 and larger are RFID EQUIPPED.
- Approved for use at -40 degrees C (-40 degrees F) to 204 degrees C (400 degrees F).
- Shackles are Quenched and Tempered and can meet DNV impact requirements of 42 joules (31 ft-lbs.) at -20 degrees C (-4 degrees F).
- All sizes are individually proof tested to 2.0 times the Working Load Limit.
- Shackles 200 metric tons and larger are provided as follows.
- Serialized pin and bow.
- Material certification (chemical).
- Magnetic particle inspected.
- Certification must be requested at time of order.
- Meets or exceeds all requirements of ASME B30.26 including identification, ductility, design factor, proof load and temperature requirements. 2140 shackles meet other critical performance requirements including impact properties and material traceability, not addressed by ASME B30.26.
- Type Approval certification in accordance with ABS 2007 Steel Vessel Rules 1-11-17.7 and ABS Guide for Certification on Cranes available. Certificates available when requested at time of order and may include additional charges.
To view our entire range of Load Monitoring please click here.