Tiger Lever Hoist 0.25 ton – 10 ton chain hoist
This Tiger Lever Hoist is lightweight, compact and rugged construction with the handle, gear case and brake cover made entirely of pressed steel, therefore producing strong resistance to impact damage. Available in capacities ranging from 250kg to a massive 10 ton chain hoist version.
Finally, these units meet and exceed all the requirements within the following:
BS EN 13157: 2004+A1:2009, ANSI/ASME B30.21-2005, AS1418.2 and SANS 1636.
- Range from 250kg chain hoist – 10 ton chain hoist
- 360 degree handle rotation
- Drop forged & heat treated alloy hooks
- Guaranteed light load protection
- Operating temperature of -40°C to +50°C
- Also available with stainless steel load chain
- Rugged steel body construction
- Short stroke and low lever pulling effort
- High quality alloy calibrated load chain
- Heat treated alloy steel triple spur gears and pinion shaft
- Proof tested to 1.5 times rated capacity
- Individual spares are also readily available
- Lightweight and portable
- Easy single-hand “freewheeling” operation
- Safe reliable twin pawl mechanical brake
- Heavy duty chain end stop
- 1.5m height of lift as standard on all ratchet lever hoist but can be chained to exact requirements
- Meets or exceeds all international standards
Each unit comes fully certified with a test certificate or an EC Declaration of Conformity stating compliance with the essential health and safety requirements of the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC. This document states the proof test at 1.5 times, the rated capacity and the light load test of 5% of the rated capacity, which exceeds the requirements of the current applicable standard.
The highly efficient twin pawl brake on the Tiger Lever Hoist works instantly when the operation is stopped and as such secures the load. Designed and 100% tested to hold a 5% load of the rated capacity. The bonded friction discs are asbestos free and provide highly efficient braking. Included as standard on all 250kg to 10 ton chain hoist from Tiger Lifting.
Tiger hoists use the highest quality alloy, calibrated load chains in Grade T or VH. Also available with stainless steel load chain as an optional extra.
High performance premium grease allows the TLH hoist to be certified for use within a temperature range of -40°C to +50°C which far exceeds the requirements of current standards.
All major components are heat treated and precisely machined to ensure long term smooth operation. High gear ratios keep physical effort to a minimum.
The TLH lever hoist has undergone a full test program including:
- Ultimate strength test, at least 4 times the Working load limit (WLL)
- Chain end anchorage test, passing at least 4 times the WLL without any restriction of the brake or gears
Test on every hoist
- Proof loading at 1.5 times the rated capacity
- Light load testing at maximum of 2% rated capacity
Tiger hooks incorporate the latest Patent Pending “EZ Check” feature which allows operators and inspection engineers to easily check to see if the hoist has been previously overloaded or shock loaded by simply measuring between the triangle of pop marks.
The drop forged and heat treated alloy hooks are furnished with heavy duty spring latch kits that fully engage into the recessed nose of the hook safeguarding the load when side loading of the latch occurs and offering maximum load security. The swivel hooks are attached to the yoke using high grade nuts & bolts allowing for complete inspection during any statutory inspection or written scheme maintenance.
Available with hooks that swivel under the full working load limit, to meet relevant standards i.e. AS 1418.2. Spark resistant hooks are also available.
Chain end stops:
Heavy duty end stops make it easy for the operator to position the chain while “freewheeling”, but most importantly the “end stop” will hold a load of at least 2.5 times the rated capacity when supporting the full load without restraint from other components e.g. brake or gearing.
Recessed forgings provide full protection to the load chain anchor bolts on all bottom hooks.
The Tiger Lever Hoist is finished in high quality powder coat paint which offers excellent corrosion resistance.
Due to our policy of continual product development, dimensions, weights and specifications may change without prior notice. Please check with your Tiger sales team when ordering.
To learn more about the Tiger TLH ratchet lever hoist please visit http://www.tigerlifting.com/products/tlh-industrial-lever-hoist/