Drum Lifter for Plastic Drums & Steel Drums.
This range of semi automatic drum tongs allows drums to be picked up from the overhead vertical position via a forklift truck (yoke required) or slung beneath an overhead crane hook. This makes the ideal drum handler for when drums are inaccessible for lifting from the side.
When the lifting tongs are positioned over the drum, a manual release lever will allow for the drum lifting tongs to locate and lock underneath the lip of the drum, allowing for safe and secure drum lifting. Re-setting of the lever when the drum is positioned back on the ground, allows the drum lifting tongs to unlock and release their grip of the drum.
Our range of drum lifting tongs can come supplied with either 500kg lifting capacity or heavy duty 1000kg lifting capacity and suitable for either 210 litre steel drums or 210 litre plastic mauser drums.
To use: When the drum is hanging in its suspended position its upper chimb (lip) is gripped by all four pads. When lowered to the ground, the tongs are lowered sliglty which opens the pads. The latching lever is then flipped over after the drum was lifted, the above action then becomes unnecessary and automatic release is achiveable. In order to lift a drum, the tongs are lowered over a drum with the pads in the locked open position. When the tongs come to rest on the drum, the latching lever is disengaged manually. As lifting commences the pads will automatically close under the chimb of the drum.
With a mild steel construction, the drum lifting tongs are painted in high gloss yellow for added visibility, and come supplied fully tested and certified for compliance with the latest Health & Safety Regulations.
- Grips drums under the top lip reduces investment as this drum lifter will suit most drums.
- Single lifting eye on top for forklift truck use or crane use, allowing flexibility through use of different plant machinery.
- Lightweight construction allows drum lifter to be easily handled, reducing labour time.
- Positive gripping to drum ensures drums can be picked up safely and easily, reducing manual handling costs & increasing Health & Safety.
- ‘CE’ marked and supplied with Certificate of Conformity to meet Health & Safety Regulations.
To view our entire range of Forklift Attachments please click here.